14.8V 18650 Battery Enclosure Module for BMMCC/BMMSC
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
14.8V 18650 Battery Enclosure Module for Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera (BMMCC) and Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K (BMMSC) developed by RADIOPROEKTOR.
This Battery Module uses Canon LP-E6 type battery plate as passive quick release clamp mount, and outputs 14.8V power from external DC barrel socket connectors. It perfectly fits to size and shape of SmallRig BMMCC/BMMSC cage and compatible with BMMCC/BMMSC Wooden Camera Cage. It can be used with any other rigs, cameras, LED lights, monitors, wireless follow focus motors, etc.. It is also compatible with other custom made BMMCC/BMMSC accessories developed by RADIOPROEKTOR.
Built-in mini Cheese Plate allows to connect various Quick Release mounting systems. Quality electronic components and connectors inside and outside. Built-in DC power splitter allows to plug up to 3 devices simultaneously. Built-in battery capacity meter and ON/OFF switch. Perfect cable management, powerful, lightweight, low profile, cost-efficient and future-proof.
Because Battery Enclosure have multiple parallel sockets, you can connect two or more Battery Enclosures with provided DC cable and multiply capacity! 2x batteries give you 100 watt-hour total, 3x batteries 150 watt-hour and so on... voltage remains unchanged. This may be useful for power hungry camera users. This setup also allow to hot swap batteries. Multiple batteries may be attached to single cheese plate or rods, so you can use them as one single brick.
!!! Dummy Canon LP-E6 type Connection Plate was designed as quick release clamp system only. It don't have any electronic contacts and don't provide any voltage to the camera !!!
!!! Battery cells are NOT included in the package. You can purchase any 4x 18650 type UNPROTECTED lithium-ion battery cells somewhere in your local electronics store. It will cost you only $20-25 total !!!
Air Mail Worldwide shipping cost or UPS Express shipping cost should be added to cart separately.
For any details contact me directly to radioproektor (@) gmail . com
Battery Enclosure and Charger usage FAQ:
- Always insert battery cells according (+ -) marks on the battery holders.
- You can plug charger to any socket.
- Turn battery switch ON when you charge it.
- Charger shows RED light when battery is charging. Charger shows GREEN light when battery is fully charged.
- Always unplug all other devices from the battery before charging.
- Do NOT plug other devices to the battery during charging.
- Do NOT use simple DC power supply adapters to charge this battery module!
- You can use provided charger as a power supply replacement. It can directly power BMMCC camera or any other device that can support 16.8v voltage input.
- When camera is powered off, it keeps drain small amount of electricity from the battery. It is recommended always turn OFF Battery Enclosure switch when camera is not in use for extended time.
- Always turn OFF Battery Enclosure switch before plug/unplug DC cables.
- Always power OFF monitor and camera before plug/unplug HDMI cable.
Note that powering camera and monitor connected to camera HDMI port from same battery always cause the "Ground Loop" problem and in some situations may permanently damage camera HDMI/SDI port. There where a lot of mistery and speculations around this problem, but recently ARRI has released a technical paper entitled "Preventing Damage to SDI Outputs" https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/02/15/preventing-...
Quote From the ARRI article: "This damage to the SDI connection can occur when connecting an unshielded power cable to an accessory that is already connected to the SDI output of the camera. If the plus pin is contacted before the negative pin, the BNC cable will close the current circuit resulting in the fatal damage of the included SDI driver chip which itself is not designed to handle such high currents."
If simplify worlds - to avoid damages, you should always connect (-) DC power cable pin before (+) DC power cable pin.
My 18650 Battery Enclosure has special ON/OFF switch connected internally to positive (+) DC cable wire. If you operate it as described in FAQ above, it should formally provide protection from "Ground Looped" connection damages because it will always connect (-) DC power cable pin before (+) DC power cable pin.
Also as an option to avoid "Ground Loop" problem you can still use separate battery to power the monitor.
- Battery Enclosure Module with removable rear shell cap
- 4x M3 flat head screws
- Phillips cross-head screwdriver
- 13cm DC power cable with 5.5x2.1mm angle plug connector
- 13cm DC power cable with 5.5x2.5mm angle plug connector (5.5x2.1mm compatible)
- 29cm DC power cable with 5.5x2.1mm angle plug connector
- 29cm DC power cable with 5.5x2.5mm angle plug connector (5.5x2.1mm compatible)
- Average battery capacity: 50Wh (capacity depends of installed battery cells and connected device wattage load)
- Output voltage range: 10V min., 14.8V normal, 16.8V max.
- Measured charge time with recommended 2A charger = 2 hours
- Dimensions: 84x82x62mm
- Weight: 310g (excluding battery cells), 500g (including battery cells and LP-E6 plate)
- Enclosure and rear cover shell cap are made of aluminum alloy, factory CNC machined and anodized in black color
- Internal support parts are 3D printed from PETG plastic.
- LP-E6 connection plate cast from impact resistant liquid polyurethane.
- LUMBERG 1614 09 DC power socket connectors 5.5x2.1mm (5.5x2.5mm compatible). Support up to 2A 24V
- Blossom Electronics dual 18650 Battery holders
- CANAL ELECTRONIC MRH10-C5N-BBN ON/OFF Rocker Switch. Support up to 10A 250V
- 18AWG silicone insulation connection wires. Support up to 10A 600V
- 22AWG DC cables with 5.5x2.1mm and 5.5x2.5mm angle power plug connectors. Support up to 2A 24V
CF-4S30A-A BMS (Battery Management System) board:
- Built-in balance circuit provides uniform and equal charge of each battery cell
- Continuous discharging current: 30A max.
- Charging voltage: 16.8V
- Charging current: 30A max. (2A recommended for this battery pack)
- Overcharge protection
- Over discharge protection
- Over current protection
- Short circuit protection
Voltage meter indicator:
- 4 LED lights - voltage is greater than 16V
- 3 LED lights - voltage is greater than 15.2V
- 2 LED lights - voltage is greater than 14.4V
- 1 LED light - voltage is greater than 13.6V
- No lights - voltage is under 13.6V, but battery still have about 15-20% of usable capacity.
Keep in mind that real life battery output voltage varies a lot depending of connected device wattage load.
Over discharge protection circuit switches off battery cells only when voltage drops under 10V, but to avoid quick battery cells degradation it is not recommended to discharge under 12V.
Power consumption measurements:
- BMMCC = 7.75W (8.06W during recording)
- Pocket Cinema Camera 4K = 22W max. (high frame rates, screen at 100% and recording to a media)
- SmallHD 501 monitor (100% brightness) = 6.9W
- Video Assist 5" = 9W
Discharge time calculations:
- Battery Module average output 14.8V x 3.4A = 50Wh (watt-hour)
- BMMCC = 6.2 hours
- Pocket Cinema Camera 4K = 2.2 to 4 hours (depends of camera settings).
- SmallHD 501 monitor = 7.2 hours
- Video Assist 5" = 5.5 hours
See development history of this product here http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?21668
Battery cells FAQ:
To avoid problems with Air Mail shipping, battery cells are NOT included in the package. Please purchase 4x 18650 sized UNPROTECTED lithium-ion battery cells somewhere in your local electronics store. Those battery cells are very common nowadays and will cost about $20-25 total.
Do NOT purchase batteries from unknown sources and unknown online sellers!
Do NOT purchase cheaper 18650 batteries labeled with something crazy like "4000mAh" or more. Those are fake and crap cells!
Do NOT mix different battery cells with different capacity, different brands or different age!
Always keep all electrical contacts clean. Wipe off fingertips with isopropyl alcohol moistened cloth or paper!
Some useful comparative 18650 battery tests:
Recommended highest capacity (3400-3500mA) 18650 batteries:
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sanyo%2... SANYO NCR18650GA
BEST CHOICE! Maximum continuous load 10A. Normal charging current 1.675A. Maximum charging current 3.35A. Quality brand, low price, slightly extending positive pin friendly for battery holder. Made in Japan. Released in 2015.
Same as SANYO 20NCR18650GA but made in Panasonic China factory branch.
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Panasoni... Panasonic NCR18650B
Maximum continuous load 6.7A. Normal charging current 1.625A. Released in 2011.
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Samsung... Samsung INR18650-35E
Maximum continuous load 8A. Normal charging current 1.7A. Maximum charging current 2.0A. Released in 2015.
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sony%20... SONY US18650VC7
Maximum load 8A. Normal charging current 1.0A. Slightly overpriced compare to others, sometimes hard to find. Released in 2016.
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/LG%2018... LG 18650 MJ1
Maximum continuous load 10A. Normal charging current 1.7A. Maximum charging current 3.4A. Released in 2014.
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/LG%2018... LG 18650 M36 INR18650 M36T
Maximum continuous load 5A. Normal charging current 1A. Maximum charging current 2.33A. Released in 2017.
Recommended lower capacity (3000mA) 18650 batteries:
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Samsung%... Samsung INR18650-30Q
Maximum continuous load 15A. Normal charging current 1.5A. Maximum charging current 4.0A. Released in 2014.
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sony%20U... SONY US18650VTC6
Maximum continuous load 15A. Normal charging current 3.0A. Released in 2015.
Any existing 16.8V 1-2A CC/CV (Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage) charger will work and will cost you starting from $3:
Some battery cells require 1A, some 1.7A normal charge current. For rapid charging some modern batteries may support maximum current up to 4A, but they may became very hot during that extreme charging. Higher charging current = faster charge = quicker battery degradation, but i think it is not a problem when you can just replace battery cells after about 500 full charge cycles (1-3 years of usage). 2A probably the safest and most optimal charging current that provides best speed vs quality ratio. !!! Just to be safe and simple - do NOT use charging current larger than 2A for this battery enclosure !!!
Here is recommended reliable 16.8V charger that you can order directly from manufacturer https://www.aliexpress.com/item/16-8v-2a-lithium-b... 1A, 2A, 2.5A, 3A, 4A and 5A models available. They use quality internal parts and have recognizable design that can't be confused with other DC adapters in your bag. Just ask seller for DC plug 5.5x2.1mm and AC plug type depending of your worldwide location.
DC power connectors compatibility FAQ:
It is very odd and irrational, but there are two almost similar DC power connector standards walking between devices all around the world: 5.5mm (outer size) x 2.1mm (inner size) and 5.5mm (outer size) x 2.5mm (inner size).
5.5x2.5mm plug usually fits to 5.5x2.1mm socket but connection may be not too perfect if plug appears too old and outworn.
5.5x2.1mm plug do NOT fits to 5.5x2.5mm socket.
It is better to use plug connectors with inner center spring contact. They better hold center pin mismatches.
If you need more different customized cables check Lanparte online store http://www.lanparte.com/product/list_45_cid_61_pag..., eBay, Amazon, AliExpress, B&H, Adorama or any other similar marketplace.
Powering Tilta Nucleus Nano and Nucleus M FAQ:
With proper cable or cable adapter you can power Tilta Nucleus N and Nucleus M wireless follow focus motors directly from this Battery.
For Tilta Nucleus Nano:
Original Tilta Micro USB to DC cable: https://tilta.com/shop/micro-usb-to-90-degree-2-1m...
5.5x2.1mm DC to Micro USB Plug Cables and adapters on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/5.5x2.1mm+DC+to+Micro+USB...
For Tilta Nucleus M:
Custom length DC to Nucleus M power cables from aliexpress:
DC input power socket connectors compatibility list:
BMMCC/BMMSC original expansion breakout cable - 5.5x2.5mm
BMCC - 5.5x2.5mm
BM Video Assist - 5.5x2.5mm
BMPCC - 2.5(2.35)x0.7mm
BMPCC4K - WEIPU SF610/S2 (also named as WEIPU SF6 two pin)
OLR Lite Breakout Box - 5.5x2.5mm
CGPro BMMCC/BMMSC Breakout Box - 5.5x2.1mm
SmallHD 500 series DC Faux LP-E6 Adapter - 5.5x2.1mm
SmallHD DP series - 5.5x2.1mm
All Atomos 7” recorders - 5.5x2.1mm
Angle Breakout Expansion Box by RADIOPROEKTOR - 5.5x2.1mm
Battery Enclosure Module by RADIOPROEKTOR - 5.5x2.1mm
Juicebox Magic Power - 5.5x2.1mm
ikan VL5, VL7, VH8, VK7(i), VX7(e,i), D5(w), D7(w), and VX9(e) monitors - 5.5x2.1mm
ikan iLED144, iLED-ONE, iLED6, iLED312(-v2), ID(B)508 LED Light Units - 5.5x2.1mm
Alternate Quick Release mounting systems for this battery:
Compact size Arca Swiss Clamps ($15) https://www.ebay.com/sch/Arca+Swiss+Clamp
Flat Manfrotto 200PL QR clamp by FotoPanda ($12) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Release-QR-Adapter-...
SmallRig Super lightweight 15mm RailBlock v3 942 ($10) http://www.smallrig.com/super-lightweight-15mm-rai...
SmallRig NATO Clamp 1885 ($40) http://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-nato-clamp-1885.h...
SmallRig Handgrip Rosette Adapter ($39) https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-handgrip-rosette...
SmallRig S-Lock Quick Release Mounting Device 1855 ($36) https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-s-lock-quick-rel...
A MiniMart Mini Rapid Quick Release Plate ($13) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Rapid-Quick-Release-...
A MiniMart Quick Release Connector 1/4" Male Screw Adapter ($13) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Release-Connector-1...
KONDOR BLUE Mini Quick Release Plate ($20) https://www.amazon.com/KONDOR-BLUE-Monitors-Microp...
POWRIG DSLR Monitor Quick Release Plate Adaptor ($20) https://powrig.com/products/on...
POWRIG Quick Release Plate Mount 1700-H Adaptor ($21) https://powrig.com/products/qu...
Slidekamera ultra compact V-Mount system (€85) https://www.slidekamera.com/v-mount-adapter-plate-...
Wooden Camera V-Lock Base Station and Wedge Kit ($125) https://woodencamera.com/products/v-lock-base-stat...
Oben QRA-R2 Quick Release Assembly with RP-20 Plate ($30) https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/822445-REG/...
Cameo V-Lock Kit ($150) https://www.abelcine.com/buy/camera-support-moveme...
Velbon QRA-3 B Mini Quick Release Adapter ($25) https://www.ebay.com/sch/Velbon+QRA-3+B+Mini+Quick...
CAMVATE Quick Release V-Lock Base Station And Wedge Kit ($57) https://www.camvate.com/camvate-quick-release-v-lo...
CAMVATE V-Lock Base Station And Wedge Kit ($29) https://www.camvate.com/camvat...
Tilta Pocket V-Mount Battery Plate ($23) https://tilta.com/shop/tiltain...
No posts found
Shipping and Policies
I accept PayPal or Credit Cards only.
• Your items will be made and shipped only after the payment is cleared.
• If you don't have Paypal account and would like to pay with your Credit Card, check this step-by-step tutorial on PayPal:
Your order will be shipped only after the payment is cleared. This means if you pay via Paypal e-checks there could be delay in 3-5 business days. You can check the status of your payment in your Paypal account or in the correspond invoice here on Lavky.
All items will be carefully packaged and sent within 1-3 business days after payment is received!
(Some items may need more time. If processing time is more than 7 days - you will find it in item description )
• Please make sure your shipping address is correct during the checkout. I will send your package to this address and not the Paypal one.
Terms & Delivery time:
• Shipping usually takes about 1-4 weeks.
Please note, transit time may vary depending on your location and customs processing, so I can’t guarantee exact arrival time.
Here are approximate terms of shipping:
- USA: 1 - 2 weeks
- Canada: 2-3 weeks
- Australia: 2-3 weeks (sometimes longer, depending on work of Australian custom)
- Europe: 1-2 weeks
- Rest of World: 2-3 weeks
• All packages are sent via international registered airmail from Ukraine.
It includes tracking number (it will be sent in e-mail notification). Each package has delivery confirmation.
Please note: some local postal services do not provide on-line tracking for international registered airmail. Such as: USA, Germany, UK, France, Italy and Australian post. So I can track your package only while it's in Ukraine.
• Express shipping via EMS is available upon request. Please contact me if you need it before placing an order, so we can adjust shipping prices.
• Customers are responsible for any fees, taxes, and duties associated with shipping & purchasing to their respective countries.
• Your order will come in safe cardboard box
I want my clients to be happy, so report me if you have any problems.
If you are not satisfied with your items / service for any reason, please contact me with the problem before leaving a feedback.